Saturday, October 9, 2010

What IKEA can teach the UN

On Friday we set out early in the morning to build a tent. We had a brand new Unicef tent lying around and needed to raise it at the school yard for extra space. You may be thinking of the tent you put up in scouts or camping with the family. That’s not it. It’s packed into 4 huge boxes and when built can house dozens of people.

The instructions were rather short, leaving enough room for error even to careful readers such as myself. Each error caused additional 30 minute work for a group of people.
Still - 7-9 people, 7 hours later we have a beautiful tent.

I’m writing this blog 2 days later and I can still feel my muscles (or should I say – lack of…). And I was not even thinking of doing the physically challenging parts of the construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment