Monday, September 13, 2010

Village Welcome

The people in the village are going out of their way to make us welcome. Last Sunday we went to church (beautiful singing. Very enthusiastic preach screaming about stuff. A lot of praising the Lord and asking for assistance). Yesterday we were invited to a wedding. It wasn’t that different than our weddings. There was a ceremony in the city and then the guests drove into the village for a celebration (and where we joined them). There was a little music, some food and drinks and people generally sat around. The main difference was the setup which was more Haitian style. Attaching photos…



I'm really here...
Not enough chair to go round..

We get visits every evening from folks in the village. I think its part curiosity and part a welcoming thing. The women from the village pedagogic committee dropped by one day to take us on a tour of their part of the village. Another day, they stopped by to visit our house. Without a common language these visits are another challenge. Also, being a very private person, I need to get used to my house being a public place with people dropping by all the time. My partner in this adventure is currently the main communicator with people. I hope that I will warm up soon and learn how to keep a conversation going with only a few common words.

No comments:

Post a Comment